martes, 14 de octubre de 2008

Sully Bonnelly




I was born in the Dominican Republic, where my fashion education began at an early age. All of the women in my family loved to dress for formal occasions. Their delight and enthusiasm inspired my love for eveningwear and ultimately my career in fashion.

I began studying architecture in Santo Domingo but finished my education in fashion at Parson’s in New York City. Following graduation I was fortunate enough to work with designers Oscar de la Renta and Bill Blass and to then launch my own collection in 1998. In 2000 I was elected as a member of the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America), one of the leading fashion associations in the world.


Recently I have introduced new collections to help me speak to a wider audience. In 2001 I launched the Citrine dress collection with the Montreal based JS Groupe and in 2002 I worked with HSN to create the new Accents sportswear collection. In Fall 2003 I showed my first signature bridal collection. Bridal has become a very important part of my business.


My work in fashion thrills me. In my mind there is an imaginary scrapbook of colors, textures, rhythms and fragrances that I have experienced in my travels. I try to enhance my designs with these recollections.


I hope that my designs will evoke a feeling of well-being and self confidence in the woman who wears them. I want her to feel fresh, radiant and empowered knowing that she will light up any room as soon as she enters.
















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario